Abbreviation: 3GAB (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 6,090 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Liberty, September 18, 1926; Strand Magazine, October 1926
- What does Sherlock Holmes say to Dixie so that he backs off on his warning against Holmes?
- What does Mrs. Maberley’s lawyer tell her about the legal agreement that was drawn up to sell her house?
- How did Holmes suspect that what occurred at Mrs. Maberley’s home was not a normal burglary?
- Why do you think Susan the maid was eavesdropping on Holmes and Mrs. Maberley’s conversation at the Three Gables house?
- Why did Holmes advise Mrs. Maberley to have her lawyer stay with her in her home?
- What was the manuscript that led to Isadora Klein hiring Barney Stockdale to steal from within Mrs. Maberley’s home about?