Abbreviation: GLOR (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 7,892 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Strand Magazine, April 1893; Harper's Weekly, April 15, 1893
- Why is this particular case significant to Holmes? How has it contributed to his career following the case?
- What is the “Gloria Scott”?
- Why is Trevor Sr. wary of Holmes once he reveals how clever he is? What is he worried about Holmes inferring?
- Why does Trevor Sr. work so hard to satisfy Hudson? Why does he endure the rudeness and an uncivil environment that Hudson causes at his home?
- What code does the letter that caused Trevor Sr.’s death use? How does Holmes figure this out?
- Do you agree with Holmes that Trevor Sr. misinterpreted the letter, and as a result died untimely? Why or why not?
Discover Stories Online
- Classic Literature Library
- East of the Web
- Lit 2 Go
- Mystery Stories
- University of Adelaide
- American Singer, Born 1946
- Commentary from nekosmuse.com
- Comments from sherlockholmes-fan.com
- Convicts Transported to Australia
- Diogenes Club summary
- Episode from Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
- Full Transcript of the Strand, April 1893
- Hounds Summary of The 'Gloria Scott'
- Metal Band by the Same Name
- Modernized Version by 'stravaganza' on AO3
- Notes from sshf.com
- Only Read Every Third Word
- Story Summary from McMurdo's Camp
- Text in Latin
- Version from finalproblem.tumblr.com