Abbreviation: LION (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 7,234 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Liberty, November 27, 1926; Strand Magazine, December 1926
- Why is this story told from Holmes’ point of view?
- What were Maud Bellamy’s reasons for not telling anyone of her relationship with McPherson?
- Whatmade Murdoch a reasonable suspect? What evidence does Holmes use to disprove his involvement?
- What actually happened to McPherson’s dog? How did it die?
- What is the “Lion’s Mane”?
- Why did Murdoch survive his encounter with the Lion’s Mane, while McPherson did not?