Abbreviation: NOBL (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 8,157 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Strand Magazine, April 1892
- What evidence does Lestrade bring to Holmes?
- Why is Flora Millar chief suspect?
- What odd detail of the note does Holmes insist is the most compelling?
- Why was the phrase “jumping a claim” a crucial clue?
- Why was the man that Lady St. Simon dropped her bouquet by significant?
- Who does Lady St. Simon turn out to be?
- How does Sir Arthur Connon Doyle represent his view of America and Americans through these characters?