Abbreviation: NORW (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 9,286 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Collier's, October 31, 1903; Strand Magazine, November 1903
- What role does Moriarty have in the fact that crime has slowed down in London?
- What relation does John McFarlane have to Mr. Oldcare?
- Why did McFarlane go to visit Mr. Oldcare?
- What was unusual about the handwriting on Oldcare’s documents?
- Why does Holmes go alone to talk to McFarlane’s family?
- Why is this case troubling to Holmes?
- What piece of evidence does Lestrade find that causes a turning point in the case?
- What was Mr. Oldcare’s motive?
- Who was Oldcare’s accomplice?
Discover Stories Online
- Chinese English Study Center
- Classic Literature
- Classic Reader
- Diogenes Club
- Everything 2
- Lit 2 Go
- Literature Page
- Online Literature
- Sir Conan Doyle
- University of Adelaide