Abbreviation: PRIO (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 11,507 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Collier's, January 30, 1904; Strand Magazine, February 1904
- Why is Holmes so upset that it took so long for someone to contact him about the Duke’s son going missing?
- Why is Holmes so incredulous of the presumed story told to him by the school?
- Why doesn’t Holmes believe that bikes were used when the boy went missing?
- Holmes is very observant of the cows whenever he and Watson encounter them. Why? How does this observation pay off in the end?
- Why was the Duke really trying to keep the disappearance of his son a secret, if not in an attempt to keep his unhappy home life from coming to light?
- Why does Holmes demand money from the Duke? Why does the Duke agree?
Discover Stories Online
- Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
- Classic Literature Library
- East of the Web
- Sherlock Holmes Cases