For over 100 years, Sherlock Holmes has provided readers with a wealth of engaging material, and the Canon can be especially valuable in the classroom. The Beacon Society, a scion of The Baker Street Irregulars, is an organization dedicated to supporting educators who bring Sherlock Holmes into their curriculum. Here, you will find information about how you can incorporate the works of Sherlock Holmes into the classroom, as well as resources for term papers, speakers, and more.
A Sherlockian Education
- Figures of speech in A Scandal in Bohemia
- Literary exercises based on The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Sherlock Holmes Reimagined for Middle and High School
- Teaching English Through Detective Fiction
- Teaching Chemical Analysis
- The Beacon Society
- What Can Sherlock Holmes Teach Us About Thinking?
Courses and Lesson Plans
Mysteries and More
- A Portia Adams Adventure, teacher's guide
- It's a Mystery to Me, for schoolchildren
- Science Fiction, Horror, & Other
- The Mystery Genre