Abbreviation: SUSS (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 5,999 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Strand Magazine, January 1924; Hearst's International Magazine, January 1924
- What connection does Robert Ferguson have to Watson?
- Who else has Mr. Ferguson’s wife attacked besides their infant son?
- What does the wife say to Watson about the current situation when he arrives at the Ferguson house?
- Why does Holmes believe this is a very delicate situation?
- How did Holmes deduce that Jack was the culprit?
- What in the house did Jack use to poison his baby brother?