Abbreviation: FINA (J. F. Christ, 1947)
Word length: 7,203 (C. E. Lauterbach, 1960)
First published: Strand Magazine, December 1893; McClure's Magazine, December 1893
Most of the Sherlock Holmes tales are "The Adventure of" something or other. Only this one and "Thor Bridge" use the word "Problem" in their titles. In what sense is it more a "problem" than an "adventure"?
Discover Stories Online
- Charles Ian Chun
- Cleave Books
- East of the Web
- Lit 2 Go
- Logos Library
- Mr Sherlock Holmes
- Page By Page Books
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes
- Accounts in the Public Press of Sherlock Holmes's Death in 1891
- Did people really wear black armbands?
- Hounds Summary of The Final Problem
- Sherlockian.Net links about Professor Moriarty . . . about "The Empty House"
- Sidney Paget illustrations for this tale
- Story summary from McMurdo's Camp
- Sub Rosa: a different look at the events
- Willkommen in Reichenbach im Kandertal